Irvine Truck Accident Lawyer
There are over 3.5 million truck drivers in the United States of America, and many large commercial trucks pass through Irvine on a daily basis. Getting into an accident with such a large vehicle often results in permanent catastrophic injuries, and may even lead to wrongful deaths. Trucking companies should take responsibility for accidents caused by their commercial drivers, but many take advantage of unrepresented victims and refuse to properly compensate them.
Let Woodbridge Accidents Lawyers represent you and your loved ones. Allow us to help recover the compensation you deserve, while you relax and focus on your injuries.
How Can an Irvine Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Experienced Irvine truck accident attorneys know how to deal with trucking companies as well as recover compensation for your losses. By working with an Irvine truck accident lawyer, you’ll significantly increase the chances of winning your case as well as maximizing your compensation. Competent Irvine truck accident lawyers know how to compile evidence against trucking companies by utilizing everything in their disposal, such as testimonies from witnesses, police, and medical professionals.
Moreover, accidents involving trucks are much more complicated than your standard car accident. Trucks, especially commercial vehicles, are several times larger than the average passenger vehicle, which also means it is several times heavier. As a result, commercial truck accidents often have a higher chance of being severely injured or killed. In addition, multiple parties are often involved.
Just like an insurance company, a trucking company is first and foremost a business. Therefore, they will do anything to lower the compensation you’re due. Our Irvine truck accident lawyers have dealt with numerous trucking companies before, and we have succeeded in recovering maximum compensation for many of our clients. If you or your loved ones have been injured in a truck accident, let us help you. We will get back what was taken from you, and make sure the liable party is held accountable.
Why Hire Woodbridge Accident Lawyers for Your Truck Accident?
Woodbridge Accident Lawyers is a personal injury law firm that has successfully recovered millions of dollars for truck accident victims. With a 99% success rate, our attorneys have won countless truck accident cases. We make sure victims suffering from the negligent actions of a truck driver are compensated thoroughly.
We also put extra attention into our client’s health. Injuries sustained from trucking accidents are often much more serious than the average car accident case, and a majority of the injuries end up leaving permanent scars. In worse cases, victims may have their arms or legs amputated. Experiences like these may even leave lasting traumatic effects on victims.
We do our best to serve trucking accident victims by getting them set up with the best treatment options at the most notable medical institutions in Orange County. These medical treatments do not have any upfront costs and can be paid once the final settlement is paid out to the victim.
We want you to focus on your recovery. Do not concern yourself with the stressful legal aftermath of a truck accident. Leave the rest with us, and we’ll fight hard for you. From the beginning to the end, our attorneys will do their best to make it a seamless experience for you.
How Much Is a Truck Accident Worth?
As with car accidents, it is difficult to give exact numbers on how much a truck accident claim is worth. However, truck accident claims are sometimes worth more than standard car accidents due to the level of injuries sustained.
Trucks are 20 to 30 times heavier than passenger vehicles. In other words, trucks take much longer to break and crash with significantly more impact. Although truck accidents only account for 6.5% of total accidents, it takes up more than 13% of fatal crashes. The more serious a truck accident was, the higher the compensation will be.
There are also several other factors that determine the value of a truck accident claim. Our law firm has been able to recover damages in the following areas:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages, as well as lost future earning potential
- Physical and emotional suffering
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
If you’ve been injured and are a truck accident victim, call our law office. Our attorneys will be able to review your case and give you a free case evaluation.Get a Free Consultation
Types of Truck Accidents
There are many types of truck accidents today, and being aware of your surroundings can greatly reduce the possibility of getting involved in one. Here are some of the truck accident cases Woodbridge Accident Lawyers has represented:
- Brake Failure Aссіdеnt
- Blіnd Sроt Aссіdеnt
- Hеаd-On Aссіdеnt
- Jасkknіfе Truck Aссіdеnt
- Lаnе Change Aссіdеnt
- Lоѕt Load/Unѕесurеd Load Aссіdеnt
- Ovеrrіdе Accident
- Rеаd-End Accident
- Rоllоvеr Aссіdеnt
- Runаwау Truсk Accident
- Sіdе Impact “T-Bone” Aссіdеnt
- Tire Blowout Aссіdеnt
- U-Turn Accident
- Undеrrіdе Aссіdеnt
- Wіdе-Turn Accident
Main Causes of Truck Accidents
There are numerous factors that cause truck accidents. Below are some of the most common causes stemmed from negligent actions:
- Drowsy Driving – Many truckers drive longer than what is permitted by state laws, which causes them to doze off.
- Unsecured Cargo – There have been instances where the transporting cargo falls out of the truck. This may be due to overload or careless securing measures. This can lead to serious or fatal accidents.
- Faulty Maintenance – Failing to regularly maintain a truck can lead to problems on the road, such as brake failures or tire blowouts. The inability to control a truck will inevitably lead to an accident.
- Distracted Driving – Driving while using one’s phone has led to many accidents in the past, and still is a huge problem today.
- Intoxicated Driving – Driving in an intoxicated state can lead to various consequences, such as a lapse in judgment.
- Disobeying Traffic Laws – Some truckers fail to adhere to traffic laws, which in turns causes their semi truck to collide into another vehicle. Some examples include speeding, illegal lane changes, or failing to yield.
Besides the above points, there are also accidents caused by both parties, such as driving in the blind spot of a driver or tailgating. In order to minimize the chances of getting into an accident with a truck, we suggest avoiding the blind spots of a truck driver as well as adhering to safety driving practices.
What To Do if I Got Into an Accident With a Truck
With thousands of commercial truck drivers on California roads, collision with one is a very possible outcome in Orange County. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, out attorneys advise that you follow the following steps:
- Seek medical attention. What matters most is your well-being, so make sure you and any of your passengers are okay. If anyone is injured or suffering from symptoms, immediately call 911. Even if you seem okay, please make sure to visit a hospital before the end of the day. You may have suffered internal injuries, and leaving it alone may lead to permanent damages. It is important to have a thorough exam with a doctor.
- Call the police. Having authorities arrive at the scene will allow both parties to explain their side of the story and allow the responding officer to write an unbiased report. This report may be used as evidence throughout your personal injury case.
- Do not admit fault. Admitting fault may lead to your case being dismissed, and ultimately make you ineligible for proper compensation. It is best to keep the details to yourself until you hire a truck accident lawyer.
- Collect information. Ask the truck driver for his/her name, phone number, and insurance information. Also, if at all possible, take pictures/videos of the accident scene, as well as any visible injuries. Relevant information such as these can be used as proof against the insurance company.
- Hire a truck accident lawyer. Hiring a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible will allow the attorney to give you legal guidance on what to do as early as possible. For example, sharing relevant information regarding the accident with an insurance adjuster may result in minimum compensation. We can help prevent that from happening. Our attorneys will help and guide you step by step in order to recover damages.
Who Is Liable in a Truck Accident?
Liability depends on each accident, and is an important factor when it comes to compensation. Based on statistics, truck drivers are usually found to be at-fault. However, liability must be proven before any compensation is awarded. Therefore, it is important to work with an experienced truck accident lawyer who can compile sufficient evidence for you.
There are also, however, instances where both parties are found to be at fault. This is known as comparative negligence and may lower the final settlement amount you can receive. If a settlement cannot be reached, the case is taken to court. Whether it be in or out of court, our truck accident attorneys will help recover damages.Contact Us
Most Common Truck Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained from truck accidents are usually severe, and require immediate medical attention. The average passenger vehicle cannot withstand the weight and force of an incoming large commercial truck. As a result, severe injuries are bound to happen. Here are some of the most common truck accident injuries:
- Head and Brain Injuries – Head and brain injuries are among the most common injuries sustained due to truck accidents. Injuries include traumatic brain injuries (TBI), laceration on the head, concussions, and more. Symptoms of TBI are severe and may require long term medical care.
- Back and Neck Injuries – Also a common injury, people who survive truck accidents are often left with muscle strains, torn ligaments, spinal injuries, and damaged discs. Damage in these areas often leads to nerve damage and can have agonizing symptoms.
- Broken Bones – A sudden collision of several tons of steel often leads to broken bones and may lead to internal bleeding. Internal bleeding from punctured organs must be treated as soon as possible, otherwise an untimely death is highly possible.
- Lacerations – The heavy impact of colliding with a truck may cause broken shards to pierce your skin, leading to various lacerations that may leave permanent scars and disfigurement.
- Wrongful Death – Collisions with large semi trucks may lead to death. In this case, the surviving family members can file a claim for wrongful death compensation.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Irvine CA
Despite Irvine being known as one of the safest cities in the United States, auto accidents happen frequently in Irvine, especially in certain intersections. They consist of the following:
Get A Free Case Evaluation With Us
Woodbridge Accident Lawyers is here to fight with you. Having to deal with new physical, emotional, and financial burdens is extremely stressful, and we do not want you to deal with this alone. Let us help you recover compensation for your losses and get proper treatment at a hospital. If you are the victim of a truck accident, we will work hard to recover proper compensation.
We have won 99% of our cases and know how to aggressively negotiate with insurance companies. Let us do the heavy lifting for you! If you have doubts, get a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury attorneys. Remember, you are not alone!
Other Practice Areas Of Our Law Firm
Personal Injury Lawyer – Irvine
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer – Irvine
Lyft/Uber Accident Lawyer – Irvine
Schedule a Free Consultation
Please complete the form below to schedule a free evaluation of your case.