Irvine Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer
Rideshare services have become one of the most popular ways to get around Southern California, and many people rely on such services on a daily basis. Being injured in an accident while utilizing rideshare services can make an insurance claim extremely complicated and it can be especially challenging to recover fair compensation. Woodbridge Accident Lawyers has the experience and resources to successfully handle your Uber and Lyft insurance claims and will fight to achieve the best possible results for your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
What Can an Uber or Lyft Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
Compared to normal auto accidents, attempting to recover compensation from a rideshare accident can be several times more difficult. Rideshare companies like Lyft or Uber are gigantic businesses that have their own insurance backers. They have dealt with thousands of Uber and Lyft accidents and are experts at their own game. As a result, tricking victims into accepting a low settlement offer is unfortunately what happens without proper representation. A low settlement offer is often nowhere enough to cover your medical expenses and loss of time.
Hiring a rideshare accident lawyer to represent you significantly increases the odds of recovering proper compensation. Seasoned attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters, and they are able to accurately collect relevant information to support and win personal injury claims. By working with an experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorney, recovering maximum compensation is a very achievable possibility.
How Can Woodbridge Accident Lawyers Help Me?
Woodbridge Accident Lawyers has exclusively focused on motor vehicle accidents since inception and has successfully represented many rideshare accident victims. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers know how to counter insurance adjusters with exceptional negotiation skills and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Moreover, our law firm boasts a success rate of 99%. We are winners in Uber or Lyft accident cases, and we serve our clients with dedication and honesty. We review each of our client’s cases as unique and conduct extensive research every time for the best possible outcome. Here’s an overview of what we can offer you:
- You Pay Nothing Until We Win
- We Fight Hard For Maximum Compensation
- 99% Success Rate
- Millions Successfully Recovered
- 1-on-1 Case Reviews With An Experienced Attorney
- Reliable Legal Representation
- Free Case Evaluation
- 24/7 Support Line
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, let our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers help you. We represent accident victims who’ve been wronged and fight hard for their legal rights. Rideshare accidents are complicated to deal with, especially if the car accident involved multiple parties. You’ve been through enough and shouldn’t have to deal with the oncoming stress. We are ready to fight for you. Schedule a free consultation today.
How Much Is my Uber/Lyft Case Worth?
The worth of your Uber/Lyft accident case depends on the severity of the car crash as well as insurance coverage. However, due to the differing levels of injuries, all rideshare accident cases’ values differ from one another. The following are some of the main factors that determine your case’s worth:
- Medical Bills – Medical expenses incurred from treating your accident injuries can be reimbursed. This includes past, present, and future medical expenses such as surgeries, rehabilitation, weekly physical therapies, prescriptions, and more.
- Loss of Income – If you’ve had to miss work due to injuries sustained from rideshare accidents, do not worry about negative cash flow. Compensation for lost income is possible, whether it be for past or future missed work days.
- Property Damage – Any personal property that was damaged due to the accident can be reimbursed. The value of the reimbursement should be equal to the worth of your personal property prior to the accident.
- Physical and Emotional Suffering – Any injuries you’ve sustained from the rideshare accident can be used as leverage to increase your claim’s worth. Whether it be physical or emotional, you deserve proper compensation for the suffering you are going through.
- Loss of Consortium – If you’ve had to suffer non-economic damages such as the loss of your partner’s companionship or other regular relations, you are entitled to loss of consortium according to California law.
If you are curious about how much your Uber or Lyft case is worth, schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We do not charge anything prior to winning your case and are ready to fight for your rights.Get a Free Consultation
Does Uber or Lyft Provide Compensation for Accident Victims?
Transportation network companies (TNC) such as Uber or Lyft are required to carry a $1million liability insurance policy in the state of California. However, just because they provide insurance coverage doesn’t mean anyone is eligible for it. Should your Uber or Lyft driver get into an accident, there are several “periods” of time that determines how much you are entitled to. Period 0 to 2 applies to rideshare drivers, while period 3 applies to both drivers and passengers.
- Period 0 – During this period, the Uber or Lyft driver has the rideshare app off and is only covered by his or her personal insurance policy. Based on California’s minimum auto insurance requirements, the driver’s minimum compensation will range from $5,000 ~ $30,000.
- Period 1 – This period begins when the rideshare driver turns on the app and is waiting to confirm a trip. Depending on the driver's insurance company or TNC policy, compensation ranges from $25,000~$100,000.
- Period 2 – The following period begins when the driver accepts a trip and starts heading over to the passenger’s location. Should the driver get into an accident during this time, he or she is covered under their respective TNC’s insurance policy.
- Period 3 – This final period begins when the driver picks up the passenger and is valid till the passenger is dropped off. Should an accident happen at any point of time during Period 3, both the passenger and the driver are covered under the rideshare company’s liability insurance policy. Up to $1million can be compensated to victims.
What Happens if the Uber or Lyft Driver Is At-Fault?
Rideshare drivers use their own cars to pick up passengers. Rather than employees of Uber or Lyft, these drivers are considered gig-workers. They are independent contractors that do not receive a fixed hourly wage. Therefore, should rideshare drivers instigate an auto accident, liability mainly falls on their shoulders. These independent contractors will have to use their own insurance to cover damages caused by the accident.
If you are a passenger and experienced an accident due to the negligent actions of your rideshare driver, we can help you file a personal injury claim. Liability is oftentimes hard to prove and complicated to deal with. Have an Irvine Uber accident lawyer help you recover a fair settlement. We will fight hard to make sure you aren’t taken advantage of by an insurance company.
What To Do if You Are a Passenger in a Rideshare Accident
Experiencing a rideshare accident as a passenger can be daunting, and it may be confusing as to what steps you should take. Here are some steps you can take to ensure your safety as well as maximizing your chances of proper compensation:
- Relocate to a safer location – If possible, get out of your Uber or Lyft vehicle and move to a safer location such as the side of the road. Your safety should take priority above everything else.
- Seek medical attention – Check for any injuries you may have sustained. If there are any visible bleeding or apparent symptoms, immediately call 911. Regardless of the severity of your injuries, make sure to visit a hospital before the end of the day. Symptoms may appear a few weeks after the accident.
- Call the authorities – Having the police on scene can help calm the situation down as well as provide an unbiased police report of the accident. They will also be able to provide basic medical care as necessary.
- Collect information – Start taking photos as well as videos of the accident such as your injuries, the cars involved, and more. Ask for the name, phone number, and insurance information from the Uber or Lyft driver as well as all other parties involved.
- Remain silent – It is best to refrain from speaking about the details of the accident until you hire a lawyer. Sharing the details of the accident with another party, such as the insurance company, may lead to a lower settlement amount.
- Talk with an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer – It is imperative that you consult with an Uber and Lyft accident attorney as soon as possible. Doing so will allow the attorney to give you legal guidance as necessary, and it'll increase the odds of recovering maximum compensation for your losses.
If you or your loved one experienced a rideshare accident, contact our law firm and see how we can help. We offer free case assessments and work on a contingency fee basis. You won’t have to worry about the costs of hiring a lawyer with us.Get a Free Consultation
Most Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Uber or Lyft drivers are just like any other driver and are not immune to car accidents. Anyone can be a rideshare driver as long as they have a few years of driving experience, have a sedan with 4 doors, and are over 21 years old (25+ for Lyft). Rideshare drivers are just as likely to get into a car accident as anyone else. Here are some of the most common causes of ridesharing accidents:
- Distracted Driving – When driving for ridesharing companies, interacting with the rideshare app is necessary. For example, the driver has to touch the phone to accept, finish, or cancel a ride as well as to utilize the GPS. These distractions make rideshare drivers more susceptible to Uber accidents.
- Fatigued Driving – Independently contracted drivers often drive for hours throughout the entire day, and this causes fatigue builds up. As a result, it brings a toll on the body and may cause drowsiness.
- Speeding – Rideshare drivers often have deadlines to meet and will speed up to meet those deadlines. This can be dangerous and cause a car crash.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Irvine, California
Despite the many safety traffic laws being implemented in the state of California, city streets and highways are still dangerous. One should always exert precaution when driving in Irvine, and be aware of one’s surroundings. Here are some of the most dangerous roads in Irvine, CA:
Get in Contact With Woodbridge Accident Lawyers
Get a free case evaluation with our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers. We care about the community in Irvine and wish only the best for Uber accident victims. We are ready to work tirelessly towards your case’s success. Give us a call today.Contact Us
Other Practice Areas of our Law Firm
Personal Injury Lawyer – Irvine
Truck Accident Lawyer - Irvine
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer - Irvine
Schedule a Free Consultation
Please complete the form below to schedule a free evaluation of your case.